Elite Discontinued 2.35 CT2, need new plan
I placed an order for Elite's Cinetension2 before the holiday and it still hasn't come, and they haven't respond to my calls/emails (not a good sign). Lots of digging around with another vendor to figure it out: it seems Elite has discontinued all 2.35 format CT2's. So I need a new plan. 23x26 above-garage bonus room, 13' seating distance, screen drops over two windows.
- ~125-135" diagonal, 2.35:1
- Electric retractable, radio remote ideal.
- Wall or ceiling mount: I'm building a "ledge" from which it can hang.
- I would consider a mild ALR/gain enhanced material, but the projector will mount mid-room at 14' from screen, so not ideal. Non-AT material is fine.
- If I'm going to need to customize, I would add a few inches of extra "black drop" below the screen to hide window framing.
My budget is obviously going to have to climb from the ~$1K I'd previously allocated, but hopefully more more than a factor of 2-3. So far I've heard about Da-Lite's "Contour Electrol", but the Da-Mat fabric it comes with by default seems a bit lackluster. I've looked a Seymour and Stewart too, but wanted to check here first on recommendations.