Fluance Fi30 Bluetooth Speaker -- any thoughts?
I'm in the market for a Bluetooth speaker for my living room, mainly for background music. I'm shopping in the $100-200 price range, and so far I've listened to the Bose SoundLink mini (meh), the Sonos Play:1 (technically not a Bluetooth speaker, but it'd work for streaming music), and one from Sony (can't remember the model number). I recently saw an ad for a new Bluetooth speaker from Fluance, the Fi30. Has anyone on here heard one? The price is right ($149.99), and their other products are pretty well-reviewed for sounding quite good and mostly being a great value.
Here are the specs (from here):
- System Type: Full Range 2 Driver Bluetooth Music System with Integrated Amplifier
- Woofer: Dual 3" Woven Glass Fiber Composite Drivers with Butyl Rubber Surrounds
- Bluetooth: 2.1 + EDR (Enhanced Data Rate); aptX codec
- Input: 3.5mm Auxiliary Audio Input, 2.1 A USB Charging Input
- Audio Formats:
- Frequency Response: 50Hz - 20KHz
- Amplifier Power (RMS): 6 Watts Continous Average Output (x 2 channels)
- Enclosure: Tuned Rear Port Bass Reflex Design
- Cabinet: Precision Crafted MDF Wood Internally Braced
- Dimensions: 16.5 x 5.5 x 5.5 in (420 x 140 x 140 mm)
- Weight: 8.3 lbs (3.8kg)
- 18 gauge internal lead wire to reduce signal degradation
I'd be willing to give it a shot and pay return shipping if I didn't like it within 30 days, but my wife won't agree to buy one that hasn't been reviewed, and I can't find reviews anywhere.
If you've heard this one, please let me know what you thought. If not, but you know of other great Bluetooth speakers in the $100-200 price range, tell me all about it/them. Thanks! :-)