For sale: KGSSHV - Unfinished for DIY, $4k worth of stuff
- United States
For sale is a KGSSHV just waiting to come to life! Complete in terms of parts, never turned on, not wired. I simply never got around to finishing it, and I'm out of the headphone game (Quad speakers have ruined me).
The total cost of all this stuff was nearly $4k. I'm hoping to recoup less than half of that, given this will require an experienced DIYer to finish (not an ideal project for a newbie). I really do need to get rid of this though, so please make an offer!!
BEAUTIFUL build, see pics
- RK50 Potentiometer on custom pcb!
- Offboard heatsink version
- On 90º angle brackets to in-body heatsinks
- Case drilled for ventilation
- Furutech rhodium XLR and RCA inputs
- Electronic input relay selector (1 set XLR, 3 sets RCA)
- Volume knob w/ countersunk acrylic diffuser for backlighting
- Input selector drilled for LED output indicators (ELMA 3P switch!)
- Dual headphone jacks
- 2-box build (1 amp, 1 power supply)
- SumR toroid (with spec sheet)
- AMB ?24/?24 power switch driver + transformer, driving a monster relay
- ~1 foot umbilical
- Satin Black front panels
- Half spool 600v wire
- Silver audio wire
- A few transistors, and assorted resistors, LEDs, molex, spacers, screws, fuses, etc.
- Replacement shorter PSU heatsinks (see below)
A few notes:
- I last touched this YEARS ago
- It goes without saying, you'll want to double check everything
- It has never been powered on
- The PSU heatsinks are a tiny bit too tall - the top of the PSU box won't close
- I am including shorter heatinks that I had planned on installing
- I had already soldered on the taller heatinks
- As a result, I tried - and failed - to desolder them
- As such, there's likely a bunch of flux and cleaning goop at the bottom of the PSU PCB - you'll need to work on this!!
This thing is somewhat heavy - will ship abroad if I must, but USA preferred for both our sakes